Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW TO COMPARE THREE NUMBER AND USE THE HIGHER NUMBER IN A FORMUL.

I would like to compare three columns of number that have rows with similiar
information and have the report store the number that is the highest in
another column
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say your 3 columns are A:C starting in row 1.
In D1 enter "=MAX(A1:C1)" without the quotes. Drag that formula down by the
fill handle as far as you have data. HTH Otto
"Tommydog" wrote in message
I would like to compare three columns of number that have rows with
similiar
information and have the report store the number that is the highest in
another column

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW TO COMPARE THREE NUMBER AND USE THE HIGHER NUMBER IN A FOR

Otto,

Can this be used in a database? Where I have three columns of numbers?

"Tommydog" wrote in message
I would like to compare three columns of number that have rows with
similiar
information and have the report store the number that is the highest in
another column

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Are you in Excel or a database program? What exactly do you mean by
"database"? Are you talking about the List Manager?

If your 3 columns of data are in A1:C1000, then in D1 enter the formula you
were alreay given =MAX(A1:C1) and copy it down to D1000. You can use the
results in column D in other formula, of course or you can do something with
the result right in column D, for example:

=IF(MAX(A1:C1)50,"Important",MAX(A1:C1)/100)

Database programs, such as Fox Pro, Access, also allow this kind of
calculation, however, the syntax varies.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire