Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default keeping initial zeros

When I type in zip codes that start with zero, the initial zero disappears
after I type it. How can I keep the zero in place at the beginning of a
string of numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Either format the cell as TEXT before typing in your zip code, or precede the
zip code with an apostrophe ' to force Excel to treat the number as text.

HTH
Elkar