Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Estimates

Here is a table with details of estimated work hours per page.
Complexity Release Notes User Guides Dictionaries File Layouts
Estimated effort hours per page in the FD Estimated effort hours per page
in the RN/FD Estimated effort hours per page in the RN/FD Estimated effort
Low 4 3 3 8 pages per hour
Medium 6 6 5
High 8 8 8

Now, I want to create a table which gives me the estimates when I select the
complexity, type of document and no. of pages of Source Doc.
For ex: If I have a medium complex FD (Source Doc), with 10 pages and I am
writing a Release Notes, the result should be 60 Hrs.
How do I achieve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you place yor table in A1:D4 like this:

Complexity Release Notes User Guides Dictionaries
Low 4 3 3
Medium 6 6 5
High 8 8 8

In cell G1 create a Data validation drop doen list with source =$A$2:$A$4
for complexity,
in cell G2 another one with source =$B$1:$D$1
and enter No. of pages in G3

then formula is:

=INDEX(A1:D4,MATCH(G1,A:A,0),MATCH(G2,1:1,0))*G3

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Sri Harsha€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Here is a table with details of estimated work hours per page.
Complexity Release Notes User Guides Dictionaries File Layouts
Estimated effort hours per page in the FD Estimated effort hours per page
in the RN/FD Estimated effort hours per page in the RN/FD Estimated effort
Low 4 3 3 8 pages per hour
Medium 6 6 5
High 8 8 8

Now, I want to create a table which gives me the estimates when I select the
complexity, type of document and no. of pages of Source Doc.
For ex: If I have a medium complex FD (Source Doc), with 10 pages and I am
writing a Release Notes, the result should be 60 Hrs.
How do I achieve this?

how can I calculate the Kaplan-Meier estimates in Excel pls? FredericAdmis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 7th 23 07:43 PM
average that includes estimates if data not available BillyRogers Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 10th 07 08:53 PM
estimates Nilufer New Users to Excel 1 July 9th 07 07:01 PM
Labor costs for estimates CIL Excel Worksheet Functions 5 January 20th 07 08:25 PM
Weekly estimates Ed Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 21st 06 05:30 AM