Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Addition of identical numbers to cells with different values.

The worked well. Thank you. I encountered a second problem.
In order to be read by the software, all of my account numbers must have a '
before. For example
'123-44-1122-3-12

I tried to do a the formula you gave me, but I couldn't get it to work where
the tick mark would be before the account number. Got any suggestions?

"Luke M" wrote:

In a column next to original data:
=A2&12

Copy down as far as needed. To make static, I'd recommend copying the data,
then right-click, paste special, values only.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"C Johnson" wrote:

I don't know that this can be done, but I'd like to try and find out.
I have a worksheet with a column for account numbers (all of which are
different), but I need to add a code on the end of them for location. For
example:

123-44-1122-3-
234-55-2213-5-
456-22-5345-6-

I need to add the digits "12" to the end of each of the account numbers to
denote location, so that they would look like this:

123-44-1122-3-12
234-55-2213-5-12
456-22-5345-6-12

Is there a fast way to do this and maintain the original values in the
column? I would not like to have to enter "12" 864 times.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

="'" & A2 & 12

That is double " single ' and double "