Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Length of Employment

I am trying to calculate service time of our employees for our annual awards
dinner. One thing we do is give service pins for every 5 years of service.
Any employee whose 5 years (10yrs, 15yrs, etc.) falls between June 1, 2008
and May 31, 2009 is eligible. I would like to have a formula that calculates
if the employee is eligible for a service pin.

I only know excel basics, not visual basic, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try

=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")

where A2 is the start date and B2 is the end date which is June 1, 2008
to May 31, 2009

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Blessedx3" wrote:

I am trying to calculate service time of our employees for our annual awards
dinner. One thing we do is give service pins for every 5 years of service.
Any employee whose 5 years (10yrs, 15yrs, etc.) falls between June 1, 2008
and May 31, 2009 is eligible. I would like to have a formula that calculates
if the employee is eligible for a service pin.

I only know excel basics, not visual basic, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=AND(DATEDIF(start_date,DATE(2009,5,31),"Y")=5,DA TEDIF(start_date,DATE(2009,5,31),"Y")<10)

and so on

--
HTH

Bob