gh

Default ChangingNumbersToText

I have an Excel 97 spreasheet with several columns, phone numbers and ss
numbers, that must have been saved as numbers. I have ried to apply the
phone and SS number formats to them, but they will not change. Is the
away to copy the columns over to another column and paste them as text,
so I can apply the formats to them?

Thanks
Bob Phillips

Surely you mean numbers not text?

Put 0 in a cell and copy it to the clipboard.
Select all the data
Goto EditPsatespecial and tikc the Add box in the Operator section.

--

HTH

RP