Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF and Round

Hi I was wondering if there was a function that could round up or down based
on an IF formula.

What I have are Euro prices and Sterling prices in my spreadsheet. I have a
little formula that will calculate the Euro price from the Sterling price but
I am getting decimal places with cents. We do not deal with cents so I need
to use a formula so that if the calculation in the cell is showing with the
decimal fractions that it will round up or down to the nearest euro. Would
this be an =IF(ROUND( formula or would it be a format on the cell after the
formula returns an answer.

Many thanks

Ann
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't need if!
=ROUND(yourformula,0)

does the job.

Regards,
Stefi

€žAnnie€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi I was wondering if there was a function that could round up or down based
on an IF formula.

What I have are Euro prices and Sterling prices in my spreadsheet. I have a
little formula that will calculate the Euro price from the Sterling price but
I am getting decimal places with cents. We do not deal with cents so I need
to use a formula so that if the calculation in the cell is showing with the
decimal fractions that it will round up or down to the nearest euro. Would
this be an =IF(ROUND( formula or would it be a format on the cell after the
formula returns an answer.

Many thanks

Ann
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why an IF? Why not just

=ROUND(calculation_expression,0)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Annie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many thanks!
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw

"Stefi" wrote:

You don't need if!
=ROUND(yourformula,0)

does the job.

Regards,
Stefi

€žAnnie€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi I was wondering if there was a function that could round up or down based
on an IF formula.

What I have are Euro prices and Sterling prices in my spreadsheet. I have a
little formula that will calculate the Euro price from the Sterling price but
I am getting decimal places with cents. We do not deal with cents so I need
to use a formula so that if the calculation in the cell is showing with the
decimal fractions that it will round up or down to the nearest euro. Would
this be an =IF(ROUND( formula or would it be a format on the cell after the
formula returns an answer.

Many thanks

Ann
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many thanks!
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw

"Annie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€žAnnie€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Many thanks!
--