Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kkm kkm is offline

Default Last Saved By

I have files used by multiple people in my company. I need to have a
function (preferably in a footer) that tells who last saved the file. I see
where to get the last saved date and several other functions, but not who
saved it last.
Please help, this is driving me crazy....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as
=DocProps ("last author")
or
=DocProps ("last save time")

or in VBA

With ActiveSheet.PageSetup

.LeftFooter = DocProps("last save time")
End With
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"KKM" wrote in message
I have files used by multiple people in my company. I need to have a
function (preferably in a footer) that tells who last saved the file. I
see
where to get the last saved date and several other functions, but not who
saved it last.
Please help, this is driving me crazy....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kkm kkm is offline

OK.. so maybe I'm being excessively blonde today... I'm using 2007, and
don't see an "Excel icon on the worksheet". I certainly appreciate your help,
but I think I may need a little more guidence. Could you explain it in more
of a step-by-step for me please?
Thanks,
K-

'-----------------------------------------------------------------

"KKM" wrote in message
I have files used by multiple people in my company. I need to have a
function (preferably in a footer) that tells who last saved the file. I
see
where to get the last saved date and several other functions, but not who
saved it last.
Please help, this is driving me crazy....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You mean people really use 2007 <g?

Presumably, you have the worksheet maximized. If you Restore it so tat it is
not maximized, you will have an Excel icon on the worksheet, so you can use
that method.

--
HTH

Bob