RAJEEV CHADHA

Default SPACING

Hello,
I am working on stock valuation where i have raw data in one sheet say
In sheet 1 i have the following data

PART NO. DESCRIPTION COST DATE OF PURCHASE
109118 ............ 27.05.03
1519123 27.05.03
11256 27.05.03

109118 28.05.03
1122 28.05.03

& SO ON
In second sheet i have to sort data in the descending order of the
purchase & after that i have to give a gap of about 5 blank rows which
i have to do manually.This consumes a lot of time taking into
consideration inventory of about 4000 items.How can i do it by using a
formula.
Hope somebody can help me
Thanks you in advance.

Regards
Rajeev Chadha
Bob Phillips

Hi Rajeev,

You will need code. Here is some

Sub Test()
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long

With Worksheets("Sheet2")
ActiveSheet.Cells.Copy Destination:=.Cells
.Columns("A:D").Sort key1:=.Range("D2"), header:=xlYes
iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = iLastRow To 2 Step -1
.Cells(i + 1, "A").Resize(5).EntireRow.Insert
Next i
End With

HTH

RP

"RAJEEV CHADHA" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
I am working on stock valuation where i have raw data in one sheet say
In sheet 1 i have the following data

PART NO. DESCRIPTION COST DATE OF PURCHASE
109118 ............ 27.05.03
1519123 27.05.03
11256 27.05.03

109118 28.05.03
1122 28.05.03

& SO ON
In second sheet i have to sort data in the descending order of the
purchase & after that i have to give a gap of about 5 blank rows which
i have to do manually.This consumes a lot of time taking into
consideration inventory of about 4000 items.How can i do it by using a
formula.
Hope somebody can help me
Thanks you in advance.

Regards
Rajeev Chadha

RAJEEV CHADHA

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message ...
[...]

Hi Bob
Its very difficult to understand.Will you please clarify it.

Regards
Rajeev

RAJEEV CHADHA

[...]

Hi Bob,
I want to know that how we can implement it step by step.If possible if you can
illustrate it with an example.
Thanks & Best Regards
Rajeev

Bob Phillips

I am confused as to why you want an example, it addresses the question you
asked!

Just slap it into a standard code module (Alt-F11, menu InsertModule) and
run it.