Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nested Formula

If the calculated amount in W is greater than 0 and the date in U is later
than 2/19/09, then 15 needs to be added to W. I tried the following formula,
but even if the date is after 2/20/09, it still adds the 15.

=SUM(AND(W20,U2="2/20/09"),(W2+15))

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try one of these:

=IF(AND(U2=DATE(2009,2,20),W20),W2+15,W2)

=W2+(U2=DATE(2009,2,19))*(W20)*15

Or, use a cell to hold the date criteria:

A1 = 2/20/2009

=IF(AND(U2=A1,W20),W2+15,W2)

=W2+(U2=A1)*(W20)*15

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Betty K" wrote in message
If the calculated amount in W is greater than 0 and the date in U is later
than 2/19/09, then 15 needs to be added to W. I tried the following
formula,
but even if the date is after 2/20/09, it still adds the 15.

=SUM(AND(W20,U2="2/20/09"),(W2+15))

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You didn't tell us what you want in E2 if neither condition is true?

=IF(AND(A10,B1=--"2/20/9"),A1+15)

This will display FALSE if the conditions are not met.

=IF(AND(A10,B1=--"2/20/9"),A1+15,"")

This will display nothing if the test fails.

If you want to display the value of W2 if the text fails, then

=(A10)*(B1=--"2/20/09")*15+A1

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire