Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can I use information from another sheet modify it, into a formula

How can I do the following:
a b
1 Rank Ticket # Name
2 =teams!B2 =Sheet1!A10 =Names!T62
3 =teams!B3 =Sheet1!B10 =Names!T17
4 =teams!B4 =Sheet1!C10 =Names!T6

Sheet 1 is a list of random numbers. Names are the names associated with
the random numbers and Rank is a constant. What I would like to do for the
names column is a formula something like this: =Names!T(contents of
corresponding column before + 1) in other words: =Names!T(sum(B2+1))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default can I use information from another sheet modify it, into a for

Wow you are my hero!!! It worked!!!! I guess it has been too many years ago
since I took an excel class huh? You saved me hours of work in the future,
but many many hours of work extra this year!!! I wish I had asked this 2
years ago..

Ohhhh... I so need a dancing smiley icon right now!!!!

=INDIRECT("'Names'!T"&B2+1)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Mary" wrote:

How can I do the following:
a b
1 Rank Ticket # Name
2 =teams!B2 =Sheet1!A10 =Names!T62
3 =teams!B3 =Sheet1!B10 =Names!T17
4 =teams!B4 =Sheet1!C10 =Names!T6

Sheet 1 is a list of random numbers. Names are the names associated with
the random numbers and Rank is a constant. What I would like to do for the
names column is a formula something like this: =Names!T(contents of
corresponding column before + 1) in other words: =Names!T(sum(B2+1))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTIF function help requested

Hi, Trying to count DATA in A:A
Condition is that the DATE of the corresponding DATA is later than
01-01-2009 in B:B
with this and lots of variations of the following formula:

=COUNTIF('Consolidated Sheet'!$A:$A,'Consolidated Sheet'!$B:$B=("01
January 2009")1)

Ward Date 1
1 2008-11-10
1 2008-11-27