Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return the logarithm stats for a line of best fit

Hi,

I wish to return the logarithm stats based on the log line of best fit.

I can do this for linear and poly entered as an array formula as follows;

For linear
=LINEST(C58:C69,B58:B69,,1)

For 2nd order poly (quadratic)
=LINEST(C58:C69,B58:B69^{1,2},,1)

How do i modify this for a logarithm?

Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bruce,

Take a look here at John Walkenbach's site.
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...line_formulas/

HTH
Martin

"Bruce" wrote in message

I wish to return the logarithm stats based on the log line of best fit.

I can do this for linear and poly entered as an array formula as follows;

For linear
=LINEST(C58:C69,B58:B69,,1)

For 2nd order poly (quadratic)
=LINEST(C58:C69,B58:B69^{1,2},,1)

How do i modify this for a logarithm?

Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I should add that there is a typo in the log equation on that page.

The Equation: y = (c * LN(x)) - b

Should be y = (c * LN(x)) + b

The rest are a tremendous reference to keep handy.

Regards
Martin

"Bruce" wrote in message

I wish to return the logarithm stats based on the log line of best fit.

I can do this for linear and poly entered as an array formula as follows;

For linear
=LINEST(C58:C69,B58:B69,,1)

For 2nd order poly (quadratic)
=LINEST(C58:C69,B58:B69^{1,2},,1)

How do i modify this for a logarithm?

Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I should add that there is a typo in the log equation on that page.

The Equation: y = (c * LN(x)) - b

Should be y = (c * LN(x)) + b

Thanks for pointing that out. I corrected it.

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...line_formulas/

-John