Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LM LM is offline

Default How do I sum here using criteria there?

Ok, imagine column A is a list of social security numbers. Column B is a
list of project names. Column C is a listing of salaries for those social
security numbers. I need to have excel calculate for me each social security
number's total salary.

SSN............Project #......Salary
123456789.....32...........$12,000
123456789.....45...........$15,000
333445555.....31...........$11,000
444556666.....45...........$15,000

So, in this example, you can see that the person with SS# 123456789 worked
on 2 different projects and earned a sum of $27,000. Is there a formula that
I can put into the spreadsheet to do this all the way down? I have over
2,000 records so I can't possibly do this by hand. Thanks.