Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAZ RAZ is offline

Default OFFSET equation not working

Thanks all for helping me.

I believe OFFSET is used to find the number on the next column.
I tried this but cant get it to work. =OFFSET(AA9,N7:N106,1,0,0)

I have a number(600) in cell AA9, and that number is somewhere in the column
M. I need to get the number right beside it in the (next) column N. thats it.
(the OFFSET eqn should give me 666, but its giving me #REF)

M N
100 111
200 222
300 333
400 444
500 555
600 666
700 777
800 888
900 999

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

use vlookup

=vlookup(AA9,M7:N106,2,false)

Mike

"Raz" wrote:

Thanks all for helping me.

I believe OFFSET is used to find the number on the next column.
I tried this but cant get it to work. =OFFSET(AA9,N7:N106,1,0,0)

I have a number(600) in cell AA9, and that number is somewhere in the column
M. I need to get the number right beside it in the (next) column N. thats it.
(the OFFSET eqn should give me 666, but its giving me #REF)

M N
100 111
200 222
300 333
400 444
500 555
600 666
700 777
800 888
900 999

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are *many* ways to do this. Here's one way assuming you're looking for
an exact match:

=SUMIF(M2:M10,AA9,N2:N10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Raz" wrote in message
Thanks all for helping me.

I believe OFFSET is used to find the number on the next column.
I tried this but cant get it to work. =OFFSET(AA9,N7:N106,1,0,0)

I have a number(600) in cell AA9, and that number is somewhere in the
column
M. I need to get the number right beside it in the (next) column N. thats
it.
(the OFFSET eqn should give me 666, but its giving me #REF)

M N
100 111
200 222
300 333