Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lock cell font

I don't use cell locking much, but it seems to me I've seen a
list of attributes you can lock individually so the font might be
one of them. I'll let someone else answer that part.

But if that fails, there's an alternative, I think. You could write
a cell-change macro that would be triggered automatically
when the user pasted the value; the macro would check the
font for that cell and, if it had changed, just change it back.
You may not want to get into writing VBA code, but I think it
would work.

--- "canmeh" wrote:
Is there a way to lock the font of a cell so that a cut/paste will
not override the original font. I know paste special/value works
however the users of the worksheet that then submit them to
me do not always remember to use the paste special. Then I
have to review each to correct the font. It would have to be a
cut/paste situation where the font is not overridden.