Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count the number of colored cells in a column

I have a column that has conditional formating applied and want to count the
number of cells that are red or green or any color.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The only way to count color is with VBA.

Using just formulas:
Why not count the cells based on what your formatted them by? (i.e., since
there's some formula governing what color the cell is, use that formula to
help determine the count!)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Dave" wrote:

I have a column that has conditional formating applied and want to count the
number of cells that are red or green or any color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess I will have to open that VBA book I just bought. I have mutiple
conditions applied to each cell. The color that will show will trip at a
different level(red50 or green <25)

Thanks

"Dave" wrote:

I have a column that has conditional formating applied and want to count the
number of cells that are red or green or any color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This link will demonstrate the VBA solution:
www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

No it wont this is for counting colorindex etc, counting CF colours is much
more difficult but have a look here

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

Mike

"Dave" wrote:

I have a column that has conditional formating applied and want to count the
number of cells that are red or green or any color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VBA is not required.

If the CF is based on a certain cell value then all you have to do is count
how many cell values in the range meet that condition.

will trip at a different level(red50 or green <25)

That's a start!

If cells turn red when they contain a value 50 to count those cells:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"50")

If cells turn green when they contain a value <25 to count those cells:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<25")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP