-   -   if function or lookup??? across a range of cells in a row. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/222127-if-function-lookup-across-range-cells-row.html)

jwbuyer

if function or lookup??? across a range of cells in a row.

I have data in a row, that I need to find out when any of the cells in that
row equal either 0, or #N/A.

I am having trouble experimenting with both the if function, an lookup.

my worksheet looks like this for example. Any help would be appreciated
A B C
1 0 0
0 1 5
0 0 0

Bob Phillips[_3_]

if function or lookup??? across a range of cells in a row.

=COUNTIF(2:2,NA())+COUNTIF(2:2,0)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"jwbuyer" wrote in message
I have data in a row, that I need to find out when any of the cells in that
row equal either 0, or #N/A.

I am having trouble experimenting with both the if function, an lookup.

my worksheet looks like this for example. Any help would be appreciated
A B C
1 0 0
0 1 5
0 0 0

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

if function or lookup??? across a range of cells in a row.

Hi,

You can use the following Array formula:

=IF(ISNA(A3:D3),1,SUM(--(A3:D3=0)))

To enter an array you must press Shift+Ctrl+Enter rather than Enter.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire