Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to a sheet name that is text in another cell

Is it possible to change the formula below so that the worksheet being
referenced is dependent on another cell?

=VLOOKUP($C$4,'Sheet 1'!$H$15:$M$75,2,FALSE)

So if I have
Sheet 1
Sheet 2
Sheet 3 etc in column A, can I reference the vlookup formula to pick up the
worksheet name from column A?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, you would use INDIRECT to do that, like this:

=VLOOKUP($C$4,INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!$H$15:$M$752"),2, FALSE)

assuming the first sheet name is in A1, and then copy this down as
required.

Hope this helps.

Pete