Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Addiing Tex

Dear Friends
I have lot of numer or text in one column , I want to add "of" and A/C in
front of that all text as shown below
Eg: 815620 Fareez. I want to add "Of" in front of 815620 and want to
add A/C in front of Fareez . is there any formla for it. i have lot of text
in that column I could not type Of and A/C for all.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your format is always <text/number<space<text, then you
can use this formula in a helper cell:

="Of "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1))&"A/C "&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))

and then copy this down as required, assuming your text is in A1. It
will convert this:

123456 Example

in A1 to this:

Of 123456 A/C Example