Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pick of random ID's

I need to pick number of random ID's as per COL N from Col A where Col B =
Col L

Eg: Pls See Table below..

I have 201 records in Col A (Numbers) in which 62 are HRE, 7-KRK, 17-PRT,
42-RPA, 73-RPX

Ineed to pick 6 random ID's (which may differ as per number in col N) from
COL A where Col B = HRE (Col L)

Similarly, it will be for other rows in col N where value is 0

Col A Col B Col C Col D.... Col L Col M Col N
521 HRE AHA 0 0
630 RPA FNT 0 0
595 HRE FRT 0 0
656 RPA HRE 62 6
693 RPA HTA 0 0
730 HRE KCK 0 0
767 RPX PRT 7 1
804 PRT NFC 0 0
841 HRE HPA 0 0
878 PRT HPR 0 0
915 PRT HPX 0 0
952 PRT PNT 0 0
989 RPX PRT 17 2
1026 RPX RPA 42 4
1063 PRT RPX 73 7
1100 HRE CHS 0 0
1137 PRT NST 0 0
1174 PRT 2NS 0 0
1211 PRT 201 20
1248 HRE
1285 HRE
1322 HRE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Mind closing off your previous thread before starting a whole new ball game?
I've responded to your last follow-on there that randbetween requires the
Analysis Toolpak to be installed.
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"Kashyap" wrote:
I have installed the same..

So it works fine? Or it doesn't?
Why not communicate it clearly?

Here's a nice working sample
to demonstrate the suggested set-up in your earlier thread:
http://freefilehosting.net/download/4575g
Weighted Randomization Model.xls