Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PAL PAL is offline

Default arrays and avgs

I have a table 30 rows, 3 columns

Col A is product name (3 products)
Col B is region name (US)
Col C is # Unit for each product (5)

Example

Cars US 5
Trucks US 3
Cars Europe 6

How create a formula that will give me the average number of units for the
sum of the products in a given region.

Output in example should be (5+3)/2 =4.5

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this array formula** :

For the average of region US:

=AVERAGE(IF(B1:B3="US",C1:C3))

Better to use a cell to hold the criteria:

E1 = US

=AVERAGE(IF(B1:B3=E1,C1:C3))

key then hit ENTER.

--