Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default potential duplicate max values

Hello
I need to return (potentially) duplicate values in one cell.

My spreadsheet requires users to select a response in column C of A,B or C
(from a drop down list).
I have 3 formulas (hidden) counting the number of times a selection is made
and one which returns the maximum from those 3 formulae.ie:
=COUNTIF(C5:C65,"A") (this is in cell C81)
=COUNTIF(C5:C65,"B") " C82
=COUNTIF(C5:C65,"C") " C83
=MAX(C81:C83)

In cell C71 is a results box with this formulae:
=IF(($C$84=$C$81),"A",IF(($C$84=$C$82),"B",IF(($C$ 84=$C$83),"C","")))
This obviously returns a text value based on the maximum times a response was
selected.

My question is - there are 13 questions and 3 responses per question, I need
to know which is the most selected response (which I have managed), However,
there may be a 'tie' as two options may come out equally eg, A has 3

I need to show in the results box 'B&C'

Thank you in advance
Caren.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please so not multipost; crossposting is OK
See answer in other group
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Caren" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you very much (just a quick reason for the multiple post - the system
rejected the first one, so I retyped, worried it was going to lose my data
again, I copied the content ! The system again said query failed, so I
posted for a 3rd time, and then all 3 arrived.) Apologies.

Thank you very very much for the reply - worked a dream.