Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula that will increase an integer added to a value based on..

I am trying to create a formula that will automatically calculate a new
value. The formula takes the first value, y, from another cell. It then
adds a set amount, X, to this value. The problem is that based on whether
the value in another cell (pre-determined) is odd or even, X will be
increased by 200,000. This goes into a table.

For example, I start at row 40 (numbered in a column) with 13,600,000. When
I take this to 41 on the next row down I have to add 1,500,000 to the
13,600,000. After that, on 42, I add 1,500,000 to the sum from 41
(13,600,000 + 1,500,000). I do the same again, except that from 43 and
onwards, I add 200,000 to the 1,500,000 (or whatever it had risen to) and
then add that to the sum on the previous row. So on 43 I would be adding
1,700,000 to the sum in row 42. X starts at 1,500,000 and at every odd
numbered row, increases by 200,000 and the new X is added to the sum of the
previous row, y. Does anyone know how to accomplish this, or if it can even
be done?