Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return a list based on +/- of a cell value

Sorry if this has been posted more than once - I received an error when
trying to submit.

Hi,

Sorry about the weird subject, I wasn't sure how to word this one. Here is
some data to use as a guide:

STATEFP ANPSADPI TOTPOP
1 Anniston city 26623
1 Bessemer city 33497
1 Birmingham city 200000
1 Decatur city 48796
1 Dothan city 53583
1 Florence city 36521
1 Gadsden city 42523
1 Huntsville city 159866
1 Mobile city 196278

This is just a small selection from the data - STATEFP is column A /
ANPSADPI is column B / TOTPOP is column C.

My user would like to find a city - Birmingham City for example - and find
the related population for that city. Then, return a list of cities and their
populations that fall within 100,000 +/- of the this city (Birmingham).

If Birmingham's population is 200,000, list any cities where their
population falls between 100,000 and 300,000.

The end result should display the list of cities and their populations.

I feel like I can do this by using an advanced filter, but am not sure how
to have excel look for the +/- data within the populations. Or is there a
function that could work this out? Please help my brain with this one! It's
starting to hurt!

Thanks for any suggestions!