Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Validation and Sort

I have created a spreadsheet with data validation lists in many of the cells
in a single column. The remainder of the cells in that column do not require
data validation. There are 28 different listings that are used to support
the validation list. When I sort the list on one column, the data validation
is applied to a cells that did not originally require a data validation list.
I have tried to sort/copy/cut etc. to make certain the relationship between
the primary sort column and the data validation cell in the same row does not
change, but without success. Is there something I am missing when sorting a
spreadhsheet that includes data validation?