Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup Formula

=VLOOKUP(A1,AB7:AC22,2,0)

You need that zero in the VLOOKUP()
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

"SpencerMC" wrote:

I need to convert an alphanumeric value into a numerical score, according to
the following list:
P 3
1c 7
1b 9
1a 11
2c 13
2b 15
2a 17
3c 19
3b 21
3a 23
4c 25
4b 27
4a 29
5c 31
5b 33
5a 35

Something like =VLOOKUP(A1,$AB$7:$AC24,2) where AB7:AC24 is the location of
the lookup table on the worksheet, A1 being where I type the value, doesn't
work!

This is due (I believe) to the mix of letters and numbers I need to be
looked up. How can I do it? Nested IF statements are too confusing and you
can only have up to seven! Any ideas?