Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need formula to change cells from negative numbers to a zero.

I am creating a work sheet with several different formulas in it (all
accounting formulas) and after entering numbers into other cells it changes
some of the other cells to have a negative balance. OK, so I need to know if
there is a formula that I can enter into certain cells that will change any
negative balance no matter what it may be from showing the negative balance
to showing a zero (0) instead? Does anyone know how to do this or have any
suggestions on how I could find out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=MAX(0,your_formula)

If your_formula produces a negative value then this will return zero,
but if your_formula is positive then that is larger than 0 and so gets
returned.

Hope this helps.

Pete