Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BG BG is offline

Default Sorting Columns/Rows Automatically

I have a spreadsheet with columns and rows I wanted to sort automatically
when new data is entered into blank cells. What is the best way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you want this to happen whenever data is entered or by running a
macro after several values are entered?

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is possible but I do not recommend it.

If you type in the wrong data and hit Enter, the sort happens and it may be
difficult to find the incorrect data.

Best to do the sort after you have confirmed that all recent entries are
correct.

But to assist if you do want to autosort..................

See this google search result for Sandy Mann code to autosort.

http://tinyurl.com/39p64f

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"mdmackillop" wrote:

Do you want this to happen whenever data is entered or by running a
macro after several values are entered?

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=61837

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

If you can live with a second sheet which will be sorted
automatically:
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/sorting.html

This also avoids havoc in case you enter wrong data, I guess.

Regards,
Bernd