Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Worksheet to another Worksheet

Heres my problem,

=sum([trackingtemplate.xls]sheet1!a4)
I have this formula but different cells, ie. a5 a6 a7. This is my template
program which is what I will be using year after year.

I need to now change the file to...
=sum([Payroll0910.xls]sheet1!a4)
I tried the replace key, but it wants me to go and locate the file for all
937 cells that have that in it. It is very inconveinent to do that.

Isn't there a easier way?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It isn't clear what you are expecting the SUM function to do in that
formula.
Why =sum([trackingtemplate.xls]sheet1!a4) and not
=[trackingtemplate.xls]sheet1!a4 ?
--
David Biddulph

"CONFUSED AT WORK" wrote in
message ...
Heres my problem,

=sum([trackingtemplate.xls]sheet1!a4)
I have this formula but different cells, ie. a5 a6 a7. This is my
template
program which is what I will be using year after year.

I need to now change the file to...
=sum([Payroll0910.xls]sheet1!a4)
I tried the replace key, but it wants me to go and locate the file for all
937 cells that have that in it. It is very inconveinent to do that.

Isn't there a easier way?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try Edit Links Change Source

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The Edit, Links, worked great thank you. I wasnt sure on how to get the
info from another worksheet and went in the help file, the example there had
sum in front of it.

Thanks everyone.

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Try Edit Links Change Source

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=61712

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I suggest that you look at the help again, and see whether the SUM function
was actually being used to sum more than one value. If not, perhaps you
could let us know where in help you found this?
--
David Biddulph