Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Default formula to lookup employee name and return data from multiple rows

Hi,
I need help creating a formula to lookup one employee's name and display
their weekly net pay.

I need the formula on the transactions worksheet to search for one
employee's name in the source info worksheet and return the data in a cell
associated with their name, and return that to the transactions worksheet.

They have reoccuring weekly transactions and I need each weeek displayed
seperatly on the transactions worksheet

Example:
I need the transaction worksheet to serach for Bob Somone in Column C of the
source worksheet, and return the value that is associated with Bob Somone
from Column J of the source worksheet.

And I need that to be done for each week.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joe;223004 Wrote:
[...]

Might a Pivot Table be what you want.? Just group the dates by week

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=61622