-   -   Change the color of Selected Row, column or cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/220122-change-color-selected-row-column-cells.html)

Tracey

Change the color of Selected Row, column or cells

Basicly, If I can explain this right here is what I would like to be able to
do.

I have Excel 2007. When I use my mouse to select a range of cells lets just
say we are going to copy them to another area. What I would like to see is
where I just selected the cells they highlight a brighter color than that
normal gray/white color that indicates items selected. Is there a way to do
this? I am pretty sure I have seen it done before. I do not need to use any
conditional fromation. I just need it to be an option that I can turn on or
off and is able to change the color.

Thank You
Tracey

Gary''s Student

Change the color of Selected Row, column or cells

Put this event macro in the worksheet code area:

Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End Sub

The disadvantage is that previous hi-lighting is fully erased.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832