Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Write data from one cell to another cell

Is there any way to SEND data from one cell to another?

I wish to use a nested IF function in one cell to choose between three
different criteria, in the event 1 then output A, event 2 then output B, Etc.
However I want the three different outputs to go to three different cells. Is
there any way that I can write the result of a formula in one cell to appear
in another (say the formula is in cell A1, but I want the output to appear in
either B1, B2 or B3 depending upon the output of the formula).

I know that this could be done by using a second IF function in each of the
€˜receiving cells (i.e. B1..B3) but I am looking for a solution where I can
leave the cells B1..B3 blank and only have data appear in them after cell A1
has performed its function.

Comments:
I am looking for a solution that does not require the use of either VBA or
macros. I am using Excel 2007. Also please include any relevant information
about cell formating Etc.

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Formula can only pull information,can't push info to other cells.
Your only solution is VBA.
HTH
John