Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default searching between dates

I am trying to find out how to look up data between two specific dates. i.e.
The amount of money that I have used from a specific account between 1 Jan 09
to 28 Feb 09?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
it has a very comprhensive explanation of the sumproduct function.
print it out
keep it
you will use it again

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"Joe@Willscot" wrote in message
I am trying to find out how to look up data between two specific dates.
i.e.
The amount of money that I have used from a specific account between 1 Jan
09
to 28 Feb 09?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bill Kuunders;221636 Wrote:
Have a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
it has a very comprhensive explanation of the sumproduct function.
print it out
keep it
you will use it again

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"Joe@Willscot" wrote in
message
I am trying to find out how to look up data between two specific

dates.
i.e.
The amount of money that I have used from a specific account between

1 Jan
09
to 28 Feb 09?

And as Bill says, print it out or at least save the page somewhere. I
regularly experienced problems with the site ( xld sometimes forgets his
bills :) )

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=61082

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

We could use more detail, however suppose your dates are in Column A and the
Amounts in column B. Choose Data, Filter, AutoFilter and pick the drop down
in column A. Choose Custom, choose Greater than or equal to from the first
drop down and enter 1/1/09 in the second box, choose Less than or equal to
from the second drop down and enter 2/28/09 in the next box. Click OK.

Select the first blank cell below the Amount column and click the AutoSum
button.

This will give the sum of visible cells only.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Joe@Willscot" wrote:

I am trying to find out how to look up data between two specific dates. i.e.
The amount of money that I have used from a specific account between 1 Jan 09
to 28 Feb 09?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for responding so far.

The rest of the story: On one worksheet I have my budget for the year per
month. The budget is broken into different catagories,ie parts, minor and
major, service vehicles, gas and parts, pay, over time. The next worksheet I
have a purchase tracking page, that I log in all of my purchases or kind of
like a register with check numbers, vendors, amounts, date and this is for
the entire year. So the goal was to get the budget work sheet to show what
was spent for the month.
What I have so far is:
SUMIF(B:B,"1/1/2009",D:D) which works but I can not get it to work when I
put in <1/31/2009