Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default & if

I was trying to use "and if" which wouldn't work. I then remembered "& if"
which did and is much more elegant and simple to use. It took some time to
come up with this solution as, in my version of 2003, there is no mention of
"&" or "& if" in the help section.

Is htere a fix required to add this?

Regards and thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In my Excel 2003 help system I have this:

Text operator Meaning (Example)
& (ampersand) Connects, or concatenates, two values to produce one
continuous text value ("North"&"wind")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"dave glynn" wrote:

I was trying to use "and if" which wouldn't work. I then remembered "& if"
which did and is much more elegant and simple to use. It took some time to
come up with this solution as, in my version of 2003, there is no mention of
"&" or "& if" in the help section.

Is htere a fix required to add this?

Regards and thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try =IF(AND(

example =IF(AND(A1="yes",(A2=TODAY())),"OK","Not OK")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP