Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Biweekly SS with Weekly Overtime totals

I have just started payrolls on a bi-weekly schedule. How do I get my formula
to figure the hours as weekly 40 plus overtime rather than 80 and over is
overtime if they work 32 hrs one week and 45 the next it should have 5 hrs
overtime....Its probably an easy formula but I am drawing a blank....Any help
will be much appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If Week1 hrs are in cell A1 and week 2 in Cell B1
Overtime for the 2 weeks is

=max(0,A1-40)+max(0,B1-40)