Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you copy formulas only across a large sheet, under data?

If you have a sheet with a perfect formula that covers 4 rows/13 columns

Each 4 rows repeats 200 times (over 800 lines)

Can you copy just the formulas in the first section, to the other 199 4/row
sections without changeing the dates and the cell headings?

I tried copy, paste special formulas, BUT it changed all the data below to
match the first 4 rows. In Fact I tried paste special (all choices)..

Didn't work.

Thanks

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are the formulas using cell references for cells where the dates and cell
heading text are kept. If so, use absolute cell referencing (place $ signs
in front of the part of the cell reference you don't want to change; for
example, $A$1, or $A1 or A$1... if there is a $ sign in front of the column
or row part of the address, it won't change when copied). If this is not
your problem, then I'm afraid I don't understand your question (in which
case, providing more details and an example or two would be helpful).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Mark" wrote in message
If you have a sheet with a perfect formula that covers 4 rows/13 columns

Each 4 rows repeats 200 times (over 800 lines)

Can you copy just the formulas in the first section, to the other 199
4/row
sections without changeing the dates and the cell headings?

I tried copy, paste special formulas, BUT it changed all the data below to
match the first 4 rows. In Fact I tried paste special (all choices)..

Didn't work.

Thanks

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why don't you show us the formula so we have some idea what's going on? And
what do you want the formulas 4 rows down to read?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire