Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Greatest Number

In Cell B30, I would like to create an IF Statement that will give me the
greatest number from the Cell Range B2:B29.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MAX(B2:B29)

no ifs are needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try:
=max(b2:b29)

Regards,
Fred.

"Workbook" wrote in message
In Cell B30, I would like to create an IF Statement that will give me the
greatest number from the Cell Range B2:B29.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try
=MAX(B2:B29)

this will retrun the highest value in the range

HTH
--
Pls provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below if this post have
help you. This will help others to search the archives for result better.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Workbook" wrote:

In Cell B30, I would like to create an IF Statement that will give me the
greatest number from the Cell Range B2:B29.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Can I possibly add anything to the previous posts? Not really, that is your
best solution, but

=LARGE(B2:B29,1)

Has the advantage, for other problems of allowing you to fine the 2nd,
3rd,... largest numbers. And of course the above formula give you exactly
the same result as MAX. Likewise there is a MIN function and a SMALL
function for your consideration.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Workbook" wrote:

In Cell B30, I would like to create an IF Statement that will give me the
greatest number from the Cell Range B2:B29.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you. It works great. Could I modify this formula so that if it was in
Sheet 2 it would take data from Sheet 1?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=MAX(B2:B29)

no ifs are needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I appreciate your input. Thank you very much. Could I modify this formula
so that if it was in Sheet 2 it would take data from Sheet 1?

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Try:
=max(b2:b29)

Regards,
Fred.

"Workbook" wrote in message
In Cell B30, I would like to create an IF Statement that will give me the
greatest number from the Cell Range B2:B29.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

O cool. Thank you for teaching me extra stuff. I made sure to take notes.
Thank you! Could I modify this formula so that if it was in Sheet 2 it would
take data from Sheet 1?

"Workbook" wrote:

In Cell B30, I would like to create an IF Statement that will give me the
greatest number from the Cell Range B2:B29.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume there was a space in the sheet name as you show...

=MAX('Sheet 1'!B2:B29)

If there aren't any spaces in the name of the sheet, then you don't need the
apostrophes....

=MAX(Sheet1!B2:B29)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Workbook" wrote in message
Thank you. It works great. Could I modify this formula so that if it was
in
Sheet 2 it would take data from Sheet 1?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=MAX(B2:B29)

no ifs are needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

: ) Thanks Rick, I kept putting the sheet reference before MAX in different
variations and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I feel really
foolish now but I am so grateful for you're input. Thanks man. I appreciate
you're help.

"Workbook" wrote in message
Thank you. It works great. Could I modify this formula so that if it was
in
Sheet 2 it would take data from Sheet 1?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=MAX(B2:B29)

no ifs are needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way to get formulas correct is to let Excel do them. Try it this
way in the futu

1. Type in: =Max(
2. Navigate to the range you want to find the max of. That is, click on
Sheet1's tab, and highlight cells b2:b9.
3. You will see that Excel has created the proper range for you.
4. Now type the closing parentheses and hit enter. Voila, your formula is
created, and you never have to type a range address again.

Regards,
Fred.

"Workbook" wrote in message
Thank you. It works great. Could I modify this formula so that if it
was
in
Sheet 2 it would take data from Sheet 1?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=MAX(B2:B29)

no ifs are needed.
--