Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problems with embedded merged

Somehow I ended up eith sets of merged cells down "O" column. They start at
O22 and go all the way to O851. There is text involved above each 4 cell area.

Ie ;
O20 has text(Est. Date)
O21 is blank
O22 is merged with O23 and reads O22 when selected.

Above this I am fine but the 200 sets of these below have the bottom 2 of
each group of 4 merged.

I can't figure out to unmerge these particular cells. I just want them all
back to normal.

I tried selecting the column, cell,alignment but the merged box is not
checked. I'd hate to do these one at a time.

Is there help?

Thanks Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you tried the following place to uncheck the merge cells?
First select only merged cells (this is important)
Go to: Format, cell, Alignment tab under "text control" untick the "Merge
cells"
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Mark" wrote:

Somehow I ended up eith sets of merged cells down "O" column. They start at
O22 and go all the way to O851. There is text involved above each 4 cell area.

Ie ;
O20 has text(Est. Date)
O21 is blank
O22 is merged with O23 and reads O22 when selected.

Above this I am fine but the 200 sets of these below have the bottom 2 of
each group of 4 merged.

I can't figure out to unmerge these particular cells. I just want them all
back to normal.

I tried selecting the column, cell,alignment but the merged box is not
checked. I'd hate to do these one at a time.

Is there help?

Thanks Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mark -

I can't figure out to unmerge these particular cells. I just want them all
back to normal. I tried selecting the column, cell,alignment but the
merged box is not checked. I'd hate to do these one at a time. <

If two or more cells are selected, the check box for Format Cells Alignment
Merge Cells can show three things: clear, checked, or solid color
(indicating that some of the cells are merged and some are not).

If you want to unmerge all cells on the worksheet, press Control a, or click
the intersection of the row headings and column headings in the top left
corner of the worksheet display. Then click the Merge Cells check box until
it is clear.

If you only want to unmerge cells in a specific range, select that range
first. For example, you might select columns N, O, and P before you clear
the Merge Cells check box.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Mark" wrote in message
Somehow I ended up eith sets of merged cells down "O" column. They start
at
O22 and go all the way to O851. There is text involved above each 4 cell
area.

Ie ;
O20 has text(Est. Date)
O21 is blank
O22 is merged with O23 and reads O22 when selected.

Above this I am fine but the 200 sets of these below have the bottom 2 of
each group of 4 merged.

I can't figure out to unmerge these particular cells. I just want them all
back to normal.

I tried selecting the column, cell,alignment but the merged box is not
checked. I'd hate to do these one at a time.

Is there help?

Thanks Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the respective columns with merged cells
right click on the mouse
choose Format Cells
select Alignment
under Text Control
uncheck merge cells

HTH

--
Pls provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below if this post have
help you. This will help others to search the archives for result better.

Thank You

cheers, francis