Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default aging category calculation for open purchase order report in Excel

Hi,

i want to create a report in excel 2007 that allows me to allocate a 'group'
(embedded in the formula) in a single column how old a particular line on a
purchase order is. Here is some sample data with the expected results;

PO Age
91
30
-4
52

the groups a Future (less than zero, 0-30,31-60,61-90,90+)

Expected Results:
PO Age AGE
91 90+
30 0-30
-4 FUTURE
52 31-60

THANKS in advance!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I couldn't understand what are you intending to do.
Could please give more explanation?
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Dan gibbs" wrote:

Hi,

i want to create a report in excel 2007 that allows me to allocate a 'group'
(embedded in the formula) in a single column how old a particular line on a
purchase order is. Here is some sample data with the expected results;

PO Age
91
30
-4
52

the groups a Future (less than zero, 0-30,31-60,61-90,90+)

Expected Results:
PO Age AGE
91 90+
30 0-30
-4 FUTURE
52 31-60

THANKS in advance!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007
Pivot Table, Odd Groups
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2erztyzim33/02_06_09.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In range D7:E10, enter data as follows

0 0-30
31 31-60
61 61-90
91 90+

Now assuming you have 91,30,-4,52 entered in D14:D17, enter the following
formula in cell E14 and copy downwards

=IF(D14<0,"Future",VLOOKUP(D14,$D$7:$E$10,2))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com