Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default countif function

I have a range of cells that conditional formating will change color when a
cell exceeds a value. Each cell has a different value it will change on. How
do I count for example the number of cells in that range that are colored red
or green by conditional formatting.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Normally you would use the CF criteria as the condition in the
conditional count. However, if each CF condition has a different value
then this would be difficult. Can you have a column which contains the
value which triggers the CF, rather than embedding it within the CF
formula? Then you could make use of this value to determine which
cells to count.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 5, 4:49*pm, Dave wrote:
I have a range of cells that conditional formating will change color when a
cell exceeds a value. Each cell has a different value it will change on. How
do I count for example the number of cells in that range that are colored red
or green by conditional formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried using the =CFColorCount and got a "invaild text" message. Where are
the Color Index values found? Or do I have to use VB instead of a excel
function?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

See:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

"Dave" wrote:

I have a range of cells that conditional formating will change color when a
cell exceeds a value. Each cell has a different value it will change on. How
do I count for example the number of cells in that range that are colored red
or green by conditional formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave wrote:
I have a range of cells that conditional formating will change color when a
cell exceeds a value. Each cell has a different value it will change on. How
do I count for example the number of cells in that range that are colored red
or green by conditional formatting.

If it is only when a cell exceeds a value, maybe something like this could help:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1996219