Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum of Numbers

Hi everyone,

I am having a large data in excel having numbers, I need to find the numbers
that total upto a certain figure. For instance i need numbers that total upto
320, then this can be a sum of 3 to 10 numbers. I always try random numbers
for the same.

If you can help with this....

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Recollect this Tom Ogilvy classic for a way using Solver:
http://tinyurl.com/5kx9bw
--
Max
Singapore
"K****ij" wrote:
I am having a large data in excel having numbers, I need to find the numbers
that total upto a certain figure. For instance i need numbers that total upto
320, then this can be a sum of 3 to 10 numbers. I always try random numbers
for the same

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Max..

That was really awesome.... It worked out to my surprise...
However, I just wanted to know that this function just gives me a single
combination of numbers that sum up to the certain figure, but there are also
other combination for the figure, any other way that can help me to find out
all the combination..

for instance, my data has value such as 30, 290 which it gives for summing
upto 320 but it does not recognise 50 & 270.

Any help in this further.....

Thanks

"K****ij" wrote:
I am having a large data in excel having numbers, I need to find the numbers
that total upto a certain figure. For instance i need numbers that total upto
320, then this can be a sum of 3 to 10 numbers. I always try random numbers
for the same

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007
Shows all sums.
Up to 15 combination of a set of integers.
Easy VBA, no Solver.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzeejm...m_Combins.xlsm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your reply....

However It would be really helpful if you could provide a link or deatils of
the function, as max did. I tried out the EASY VBA but i could not go ahead,
it didn't work..........!!!

Waiting for a reply.....

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Excel 2007
Shows all sums.
Up to 15 combination of a set of integers.
Easy VBA, no Solver.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzeejm...m_Combins.xlsm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As of this time and date,
twelve users downloaded the file successfully.