Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting problem

Hello, I have problem on designing a worksheet for client order management.
One client order usually comes with several delivery from our side :

PO# order qty DN# Qty
ABC 20000pcs #12345 5000
#14355 5000
#21379 10000
DEF 10000pcs #23198 5000
#19834 5000
Question:
the problem is that when I sort the column "DN#" with figures started by "1"
the result comes out like this:

PO# order qty DN# Qty
ABC 20000pcs #12345 5000
#14355 5000
#19834 5000

Since the result is misleading, I am now looking for solutions that could
correctly display my query. Any suggestions on the design/ excel function
that could be used?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I think your problem is just that you don't have PO# on each line
You can achieve this quite easily.
Select the range of cells in column A, equivalent to the range of cells in
DN#
F5SpecialBlanksOK
This will select all the blank cells and your cursor will be in the first of
these.
=up arrowControl+Enter
All the blanks will now be filled with the PO#

as far as the delivery point DN# is concerned, ignore Order Qty, it is just
the Qty that is relevant

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Ting Li" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do yo mean by "up arrow" in: =up arrowControl+Enter
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Ting Li" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

He means that press the = key, then press the up arrow key and then press
Ctrl+Enter

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Ting Li" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are 4 navigation keys on the keyboard Up, Down Left and Right
Press the = key, then the up arrow, which will select the cell above the
first of the empty cells, then press Enter.

--
Regards
Roger Govier