Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting problem

As far as I understand the sorting is Ok. Why do you think the result is
misleading?
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Ting Li" wrote:

Hello, I have problem on designing a worksheet for client order management.
One client order usually comes with several delivery from our side :

PO# order qty DN# Qty
ABC 20000pcs #12345 5000
#14355 5000
#21379 10000
DEF 10000pcs #23198 5000
#19834 5000
Question:
the problem is that when I sort the column "DN#" with figures started by "1"
the result comes out like this:

PO# order qty DN# Qty
ABC 20000pcs #12345 5000
#14355 5000
#19834 5000

Since the result is misleading, I am now looking for solutions that could
correctly display my query. Any suggestions on the design/ excel function
that could be used?