Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nested, Conditional, IF formula - fomatting disappears

Hi there. I am having a problem with a nested, conditional IF formula.

Heres my current formula:
=IF((AND($J$3=$D6,$J$3<=$E6)),"",$C6)

The inner part of the formula €“ ($J$3€¦...$E6) is a condition that fills a
cell Red/False or Blue/True. If the condition is False then another
numerical value from C6 should be entered, and if its True then nothing is
entered.

After I added the IF statement with , €œ€,$C6), the numerical value in C6
actually was entered in the correct place, but the red and blue formatting
from the inner part of the formula is gone, and I end up with a gray/lavender
fill. Any ideas to retrieve correct formatting?

--
Gayle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Not sure. Maybe try it to return a zero instead of a null string: "", viz.:
=IF(AND($J$3=$D6,$J$3<=$E6),0,$C6)
as null strings are text, and Excel evaluates any text as 0 (ie TRUE),
or as being greater than any real num (in a comparison)

It could also be due to the way you applied the CF
You should detail how you did it, eg:
Condition 1, Formula is: ??
Condition 2, Formula is: ??
Condition 3, Formula is: ??