Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default show last used cell in a column at the bottom of column.

I have a excel spread sheet with a long check register column that changes
the total as I add entries. this column is about 50 rows long. I would like
to have the last cell in column report the last totaled sum. I need it to
change as I add more entries. I will use this cell to report a sum to a
second work sheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

If it is a numeric you are looking for, then
=LOOKUP(99^99,A1:A50)
Change range to suit
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"dsharris59" wrote in message
I have a excel spread sheet with a long check register column that changes
the total as I add entries. this column is about 50 rows long. I would
like
to have the last cell in column report the last totaled sum. I need it to
change as I add more entries. I will use this cell to report a sum to a
second work sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look at the LIST function. This would benefit your project in a couple of
ways. Highlight the current data set (but not the "totals" cell) and press
CTRL-L to activate the LIST function. Your dataset will acquire a blue
bounding box.

Now, when your cursor is INSIDE the dataset, a new blank row will appear at
the bottom of your dataset where you can easily add new data, extending the
"list". If you do so, then another blank line will appear. The blank row is
denoted by a star in the first cell.

Next, put your cursor outside the dataset and the blank row disappears.
Create a sum formula for the column in question.

Having done those steps, anytime you use the LIST and add new rows, the
formula in your "totals" cell will extend automatically to include the new
rows as they're added.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.