Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default List activation on Excel

I came into work and discovered my excel list of personnel records had a blue
perimeter. Highlighting this brought up the command in Edit to "Undo List
Activation". I do not know how this list became activated, or what that
really means, but these are confidential records and I do not want them to
the server or anywhere else. No one in the company knows how this came about
and I need to get rid of it.

How?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The list was probably created by clicking Data/List/CreateList. If so, you
can remove it by selecting all the cells in the list (those in the blue
border) and clicking Data/List/ConvertToRange. Note that, depending on if a
header option was selected when the list was created, you may or may not
have an "extra" entry at the top of the range. If there is a header present,
then your whole list will have been pushed down a row below where they were
originally (so you will have to delete the extra "header" data and then move
the range back where it belongs). If there is no header, then your first
item will have been bolded, so you will have to format it back to normal
text.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)