Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count Unique Records

Here is our scenario example:
When an order is placed we open 8 tickets relating to that order that need
to completed and we categorize it by business region and tickets on a summary
sheet. We'd like to add a field to the summary that gives the number of
orders placed by business region.

Since our reporting gives a line item per open ticket (up to 8 lines) I'm
not sure how to get the number of orders with open tickets.

I'm assuming frequency but by adding the second criteria I'm not getting a
correct formula.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have a column with some duplicates and want to count uniques:

=SUMPRODUCT((H1:H1500<"")/COUNTIF(H1:H1500,H1:H1500&""))

for column H, for example
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200831