Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculated celles according to more then 1 condition

Col B = name (text field)
Col C = Last name (text field)
Col D = Expences (number)

I would like to SUM to A1 total expences of a person (True on 2 conditions
on Col B
& Col C)

Name will apear more then once on A & B

Thanks a milion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20=D1)*(B1:B20=D2)*(C1:C20))

Where D1 & D2 are the names you want to sum by.

Mike

"-yuval" wrote:

Col B = name (text field)
Col C = Last name (text field)
Col D = Expences (number)

I would like to SUM to A1 total expences of a person (True on 2 conditions
on Col B
& Col C)

Name will apear more then once on A & B

Thanks a milion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try this array formula, press Ctrl,Shift and Enter together after placing
the formula in A2
=SUM(IF($B$2:$B$20=E2,IF($C$2:$C$20=F2,$D$2:$D$20, 0),0))
where E2 and F2 is where you type the name and last name into

or another non array formula,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B20=E2),--(C2:C20=F2),D2:D20)
where E2 and F2 are where you type in the name and last name

Hope these will do what you want.

--
Pls provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below if this post have
help you. This will help others to search the archives for result better.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"-yuval" wrote:

Col B = name (text field)
Col C = Last name (text field)
Col D = Expences (number)

I would like to SUM to A1 total expences of a person (True on 2 conditions
on Col B
& Col C)

Name will apear more then once on A & B

Thanks a milion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks a milion

It just worked perfect for what I needed.

Bravo !!!

-yuval

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you very much it worked perfect for what I needed.

Bravo !!!

-yuval

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for the feedback. Am glad that this works for you

--
Pls provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below if this post is
helpful

Thank You

cheers, francis