Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Gas Temperature correction factors in an excel spreadsheet.

I am working on a spreadsheet for calculating natural gas usage. Our meters
aren't temperature adjusted so I need to incorporate a calculation in our
spreadsheet that takes the temperature we input and adjusts our gas usage
accordingly.
The temp. factor sheet I have goes from -20 degrees to 139 degrees. I am
mainly concerned with 30 degrees (meter reading*1.0612) to 110 degrees (meter
reading*.9123), 60 degrees being meter reading * 1. The factor increase from
30 to 59 is .002488 per degree (60 is not corrected) and then at 61 degrees
and above the factor decreases by the same .002488.
Thank You,
Greg