Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pulling out values

I have a list that looks like this but much longer:

Property 100000 5%
ISA 5000 3%
Property 200000 4%
Salary 20000 3%
ISA 10000 5%

Then i have 3 sheets "ISA", "Property" & "Salary". I need to pull the
information on each line to it's respective sheet to work out growth on each
one. So i need to mark each one in some way, so for example, i have 2
"Property", on the list, on the "Property" sheet i want to show lines 1 & 3
from the list, so i though if i can mark them as follows:

Property 100000 5% 1 =A1&D1 i.e. Property1
ISA 5000 3% 1 = A2&D2 i.e. ISA1
Property 200000 4% 2 = A3&D3 i.e. Property2
Salary 20000 3% 1 =A4&D4 i.e. Salary1
ISA 10000 5% 2 =A5&D5 i.e. ISA2

Then i could do a vlookup on the values in column E, my major problem is how
to calculate the numbers?

Please can someone help.....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Emma

=A1&" "&COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)
Copy down as required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Emma Hope" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perfect! I hoped it would be something so simple!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Emma

=A1&" "&COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)
Copy down as required